Clear fees to suit your needs
Transparency is something we pride ourselves on, and we always want to be completely upfront with our clients. Financial planners don’t have to publish their fees on their websites; however, we have chosen to be completely transparent about how we charge for the work we do.
We disclose our fees on our website to help you understand the total costs and accurately judge the value of our service before getting in touch.
We split our fees into two stages: initial charges and ongoing charges. Below, you will see the costs for each and what you can expect to pay. Our actual charges and fees will be agreed with you before we do any work, and we will explain your payment options too. We will also let you know if any fees are subject to VAT.
Below are the upfront costs of our services and what is included. We offer several types of initial service, depending on your needs.
The initial charges include:
- An initial meeting to find out more about you
- Agreeing your financial goals and objectives
- Establishing your attitude to risk
- Reviewing your current arrangements
- Undertaking research to identify appropriate products
- Providing a personalised report and recommendations
- A face-to-face meeting to discuss our recommendations
- Implementation of agreed recommendations.
We operate a tiered charging basis as follows:
|Investable assets||Initial charge|
|£100,000 – £500,000||1%|
The minimum initial fee is £500, and the maximum is £15,000.
If, after we have completed a suitability report for you, you choose not to proceed with our advice, we will charge a report fee, which could be subject to VAT.
As an example
If you had £200,000 to invest, the initial fee would be £3,000 (£100,000 x 2% + £100,000 x 1%).
If you had £600,000 to invest, the initial fee would be £6,500 (£100,000 x 2% + £400,000 x 1% + £100,000 x 0.5%).
Once your plan is in place, we will agree on a process for regular reviews with you. As part of this, we will continue to monitor your plan and commit to a lifelong service. We encourage all clients to take advantage of this, so we can review the performance of your plan and reassess your personal circumstances, to ensure we are optimising opportunities.
For pensions and investment advice, we charge as follows for our ongoing service:
You will receive:
- An annual review meeting to obtain up-to-date information on your objectives, risk level, and circumstances
- A follow-up letter
- Annual valuation
- Re-assessment of suitability of pensions and/or investments
- Ongoing monitoring of underlying investments
- Access to us throughout the year so we can answer any queries.
The ongoing charge is
0.75% of funds under advice per year, subject to a minimum of £500. For example, if you invested £200,000, our charge would be £1,500 per year.